Monday, May 4, 2009

Get . MET

My favorite fashion time of year has arrived!! Tonight was the annual MET Gala, and while I was kind of disappointed at last year's garments, this year the dresses were stunning!

Sure, there were some big missteps (cough...cough...Madonna), but overall there were some perfectly fashion-forward and gorgeous looks:


Ashley Olsen


Kate Bosworth


Rachel Bilson
(I debated about whether or not this was dressy enough, but there's just something about the whole look that pops)


Liv Tyler


Leighton Meester
(Leighton was my personal fave for the evening - this is a really unexpected way to wear both a mini and bold patterns; she also looks like she's absolutely glowing.
Perfection.

Getty Images.

10 comments:

alissa said...

i looove ashleys dress - so unique and gorgeous!
i cant say i loved leightons quite so much - a little crazy. but props for originality. and i like her blond hair!

Kasey said...

I love Ashleys dress also.
l.o.v.e

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Liv Tyler's dress is kind of Old Hollywood Glam. I like it. Leighton's was wild. I like the legging look if that's what you would call it.

Kitty Stampede said...

I think Rachel Bilson's dress is adorable, I love the color...but I think she looks ways cuter with bangs and shorter hair!

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

Ashley wins it for me. At least out of this group. And Leighton loses, in my book. Yikes. I hate the whole jockey pants look.

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

Ah, now I see that Leighton is actually wearing a skirt and leggings...but the similar pattern makes it look like she's wearing pants with a bubble butt.

drollgirl said...

LIV TYLER! total diva babe in that shot!

Awesome Sara said...

i want them all!! i would that creepy lady hiding int he shawdow of a ill-lit parking lot and I would jump these bitches and steal there dress!!! mwahh ahahahahaha

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Hey girlie, I "tagged" you on my blog!

kadler said...

I loved Ashley's! As for Leighton's... I'm a bit torn :)