Monday, October 19, 2009

Color . Me . Happy

This morning I got up a pinch early and my mother and I made the hour-some drive down to IKEA. An hour isn't really that long of a drive, but if you're only doing it to go to one store, it sort of feels that way. So we make lists and then when our lists are long enough, head on down.



There was no furniture shopping for either of us today, but we did end up with a slew of other things. Most of my purchases were items that came in pretty apple green, which is a color that I'm obsessed with, and trying to work into every room in the house. I got some decorative storage boxes for the entertainment center (to hide the dvds and such), a pretty velvet blanket and throw pillow (for different rooms), and the largest purchase was an apple green rug for the office!

The only downside: I had to put the cardboard storage boxes together, I kid you not -- 12 screws in each box!! Ugh. {But they look lovely now!}

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful start to their week as well!

Pic: Home Design Collection

7 comments:

elsie said...

I love Ikea housewares - not Ikea housewares shopping is one of the few downsides to having an "almost" done house... LOVE the green too!

Jessica said...

I'm a fan of that bright Crayola crayon green! It's so chipper.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Ooh, I'm a green girl. Apple and kelly are two of my absolutely favorite colors, and I'm really into everything white right now too, so your post was a great start to my morning! This room is amazing. Must buy something green today...

P.S. My closest IKEA is almost 3 hours away :( I really need some shelves, comtenplating just having them shipped (although that's not nearly as fun).

Sam said...

I have those boxes and I love them, they've held up well, at least 2 years now.

Secondhand Stella said...

Shopping adventures w/ your mom are always fun. I like the apple green! Show pics if you can :)

Pinecone Camp said...

Green is one of my fave colours. An hour drive to Ikea? Ouch. Actually, maybe it would be better for me if our Ikeas, here in Vancouver, were further away;) Happy that you found heaps to buy!

Maddy said...

If any one store deserves a special shopping excursion, it's IKEA. And from the sound of it, it seems like you bought a lot of nice goodies!

BTW, assembling their stuff is part of the fun ;o)